Aviva Directory » Local & Global » Europe » Channel Islands » Bailiwick of Guernsey » Guernsey » Vale

Until 1806, the parish of Vale occupied territory on the mainland of Guernsey as well as the whole of Le Clos du Valle, a tidal island that forms the northern extremity of Guernsey, separated from the mainland by La Braye du Valle, a tidal channel. The British government drained and reclaimed La Braye du Valle in 1806, after which Vale has consisted of two noncontiguous territories.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Vale on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!