Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Missouri » Cities & Towns » Camdenton

In the early 1930s, Camdenton, Missouri was a crossroads location, leading travelers west to Ha Ha Tonka and south to Lebanon. Camden County, along with the rest of the country, was suffering from the Great Depression when Clint Webb contracted to purchase the Chapman farm, which included the crossing, for the purpose of creating a town. Linn Creek, located near the confluence of the Niangua River, the Osage River, and Linn Creek, had been platted in 1845, and served as the county seat of Camden County. The scheduled construction of the Bagnell Dam and the Lake of the Ozarks would flood the town of Linn Creek, so some of its residents moved up the valley to the current town of Linn Creek, while others moved into the hills and formed Camdenton, which became the county seat after old Linn Creek was flooded. Camdenton is situated near the intersection of US Highway 54 and Missouri Branch Highway 5. Linn Creek is to the northeast and Roach is to the southwest. Due to its proximity to the Lake of the Ozarks, the town sees a lot of visitors in the summer months.

Categories

Faith & Spirituality

Places to Shop

Places to Stay

Services & Industries

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Camdenton on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!