Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Missouri » Cities & Towns » Old Monroe

Old Monroe, in Lincoln County, Missouri, was the site of Fort Howard. The small city was laid out in 1819 and named for President James Monroe. The community is situated on the northern banks of the Cuivre River, just west of the Cuivre Canal, with Missouri Routes C and 79 passing through the town. Winfield is north of Old Monroe and Chain of Rocks is southwest, while the smaller communities of Maryknoll and Ethlyn is to the west. The larger city of St. Louis is just over forty miles to the southeast.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Old Monroe on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!