Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » New Hampshire » Cities & Towns » Albany

Originally chartered under the name of Burton in 1766, the town was incorporated and renamed Albany in 1833, after the New York Central Railroad from New York City to Albany, New York was chartered. The town limits of Albany includes Mount Chocorua, Mount Paugus, and the southeastern part of the White Mountain National Forest, which includes eighty-five percent of the town’s area. The residential area of the town is concentrated in the southeastern portion, while the former village of Passaconaway is in the northwestern part of the town. Other place names within the town limits are Ferncroft, in the southwestern corner, and the former site of Paugus Mill, along its southern boundary.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Albany on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!