Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » New Hampshire » Cities & Towns » Wilmot

Wilmot, New Hampshire was originally part of New London, Kearsarge, and New Chester. The most common means of communication between the various settlements of New London were by way of footpath and private cartways which meandered from settlement to settlement. The northern and southern portions of the town had little in common other than town business, as the southern part of the town were mostly Federalists while Republicanism prevailed in the north. In 1807, the northern portion of the town separated to create the town of Wilmot, named for Dr. James Wilmot. Winslow State Park and a portion of Gile State Forest are situated in Wilmot, as is the village of Wilmot Flat. The town is west of Andover and east-northeast of New London.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Wilmot on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!