Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » New Jersey » Cities & Towns » Asbury Park

Originally incorporated as a borough in 1874, from portions of Ocean Township, the beach community of Asbury Park was reincorporated in 1893, and became a city in 1897. Asbury Park was developed in 1871 as a residential resort, and named for Francis Asbury, the first American bishop of the Methodist Episcopal Church in the United States. Asbury Park is south of Long Branch and north of Point Pleasant.

Categories

Faith & Spirituality

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Asbury Park on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!