Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » New Jersey » Cities & Towns » Bernardsville

Bernardsville was incorporated as a borough by the New Jersey Legislature in 1924, from portions of Bernards Township. Initially known as Vealtown, the community became Bernardsville in 1840, named for Sir Francis Bernard, who was the Colonial Governor of New Jersey from 1758 to 1760. Bernardsville is in the northernmost part of Somerset County, south of Morristown.

Categories

Faith & Spirituality

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Bernardsville on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!