Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » New Jersey » Cities & Towns » Lambertville

Situated on the Delaware River in southwestern Hunterdon County, the city of Lambertville was originally incorporated as a town in 1849, becoming a city in 1872. During the 1700s, the area was named after various operators of ferries across the river to Pennsylvania, known as Coryell's Ferry for the longer time, but renamed Lambertville in 1814, when a post office was established, named for John Lambert, a local resident who served as a United States senator and acting governor of New Jersey.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Lambertville on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!