Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » New Jersey » Cities & Towns » Palmyra

Originally incorporated as a township in 1894, Palmyra was reincorporated as a borough in 1923. The borough is in Burlington County, New Jersey, bordered by Cinnaminson Township, Riverton, Camden County, and the Delaware River, across from the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The area was settled in the late 1600s by Swedish immigrants, at which time it was the northernmost portion of New Sweden. Originally known as Texas, the community’s name was changed to Palmyra in 1849, named for the ancient city in Syria.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Palmyra on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!