Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Michigan » Cities & Towns » Auburn

The City of Auburn, Michigan is in southwestern Bay County, just above the base of the Thumb in the Lower Peninsula.

The primary route through the city is US 10, which passes east-west through the southern part of the city. Other routes include Garfield Road, Midland Road, and 9 Mile Road. Auburn is surrounded by Williams Township, although it has its own municipal government. Bay City is 9.8 miles east, Midland is 11.8 miles west, and Zilwaukee is 14.9 miles southeast of Auburn.

John Gaffney, an Irish immigrant, is acknowledged to be the first permanent settler in the region when he came in 1854. On February 26, 1869, a post office was established there, although the community was known as Skinner then. Frederick C. Wolf was the first postmaster.

On November 17, 1877, the post office was renamed Auburn. Auburn was incorporated as a city in 1947.

The focus of this category is on the City of Auburn, Michigan. Websites whose focus is on the city, as well as those representing the municipal government or businesses, industries, places of worship, schools, and organizations within the city.

Categories

Faith & Spirituality

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Auburn on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!