Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Michigan » Cities & Towns » Blanchard

Blanchard, Michigan is an unincorporated community in the southwestern corner of Isabella County, bordering on Mecosta County and within a couple of miles from Montcalm County.

In the northern portion of the community, Jewel Creek, Decker Creek, and the South Branch of the Pine River join with Blanchard Millpond, a 13-acre body of water, while Babcock Pond is in the southeastern part of the village.

Routes through the village include West County Line Road, Ward Road, and West Blanchard Road. Grand Rapids is about sixty miles southwest of Blanchard.

Peter C. Blanchard, a lumberman, is credited with founding the settlement on what is now known as the South Branch of the Pine River, although the village was named for Herbert P. Blanchard, who became its first postmaster on September 13, 1878. Blanchard was incorporated as a village in 1879, but most of its business district was destroyed in a fire in August of 1884, and the village has since been unincorporated.

The Blanchard post office serves most of Rolland Township, where it is located, as well as parts of Broomfield Township, Fremont Township, the Mecosta County townships of Wheatland, Millbrook, and Hinton, and Home Township in Montcalm County.

The focus of this category is on the unincorporated community of Blanchard, Michigan, including local businesses, industries, schools, churches, organizations, attractions, and events.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Blanchard on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!