Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Michigan » Cities & Towns » Edmore

The Village of Edmore, Michigan is in Home Township, in northern Montcalm County, in the central Lower Peninsula.

The chief route through Edmore is M-46 (Main Street), also known as Howard City/Edmore Road, which runs east-west through the village. It intersects Wyman Road (1st Street) downtown. Neff Road forms most of its eastern border. Nearby cities and villages include McBride, Stanton, Lakeview, and Sheridan.

Edmore is the only incorporated municipality in Home Township, although the township does include the unincorporated communities of Cedar Lake and Wyman. The Edmore post office serves most of the township, as well as portions of Belvidere, Day, Douglass, Ferris, Richland, and Rolland townships.

The village was founded and platted by Edwin B. Moore, who built the first buildings in the community. A real estate professional, he was employed by the Detroit, Lansing & Northern Railroad Company to secure right of way for the railroad line from Edmore and Big Rapids. The railroad established a station there, known as Edmore Junction, and a post office was established on July 22, 1878, with Abraham West as the first postmaster. The following year, Edmore was incorporated as a village, with Edwin Moore as its first president.

The focus of this category is on the village of Edmore, Michigan. Online resources for the village government or any individuals, businesses, industries, schools, churches, organizations, attractions, and events within the village are appropriate for this category.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Edmore on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!