Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » New Hampshire » Cities & Towns » Marlow

Named for Marlow, England, the town of Marlow, New Hampshire was first granted as Addison by Colonial Governor Benning Wentworth in 1753. However, as a result of the French and Indian War, very few of the original grantees settled on the land, so it was regranted in 1761 to William Noyes and sixty-nine others, mostly coming from Lyme, Connecticut, at which time the town was renamed Marlow. The early economy of the town was driven by a woodworking industry. Today, Marlow is a lightly populated community in northern Cheshire County. Marlow is northwest of Stoddard, south of Gee Mill, and east of Alstead and East Alstead.



Recommended Resources

Search for Marlow on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!