Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » New Hampshire » Cities & Towns » Sandown

Sandown, in southeastern Rockingham County, New Hampshire, was once part of Kingston. It was incorporated as a separate town by Colonial Governor Benning Wentworth in 1756, and named for Sandown on the Isle of Wight. The Reverend Josiah Cotton built the Sandown Meeting House there in 1774. Sandown is south-southwest of Fremont, southwest of Brentwood, west of Danville, north of Hampstead, and southeast of Chester.



Recommended Resources

Search for Sandown on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!