Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » New Mexico » Cities & Towns » Jemez Springs

Named for the Pueblo of Jemez, the village of Jemez Springs is the site of the Jemez State Monument, and the headquarters of the Jemez Ranger District, and is located within the Santa Fe National Forest, connected to Pueblo Jemez, to the north, by Highway 4. Its first post office, named Archuleta, was opened in 1888. In 1894, Postmaster Francisco Perea requested that its name be changed to Perea. However, by 1907, its mail was carrying the postmark of Jemez Springs.


Places to Stay



Recommended Resources

Search for Jemez Springs on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!