Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Ohio » Cities & Towns » Canal Fulton

Beginning around 1825, a canal was constructed connecting Lake Erie to the Ohio River, which created twenty-five new villages in Stark County, Ohio. The first of these was Fulton, which was laid out in 1826. Since its streets were laid out parallel to the canal, it was renamed Canal Fulton in 1832. When it was incorporated as a village in 1853, Canal Fulton, West Fulton and Milan merged to form one community.

Categories

Services & Industries

Things to Do & Places to Go

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Canal Fulton on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!