Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Ohio » Cities & Towns » Mason

Situated in southwestern Warren County, the city of Mason, Ohio has its beginnings in 1803, when Revolutionary War veteran William Mason bought 640 acres of what is now downtown Mason, platting the new community in 1815. Its name was supposed to have been Palmira but when the plat was officially recorded, its name was listed as Palmyra, although the post office designation for the village was listed as Kirkwood. In 1835, its name was officially changed to Mason, which became a city in 1970.

Categories

Faith & Spirituality

Things to Do & Places to Go

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Mason on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!