Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Ohio » Cities & Towns » Munroe Falls

Munroe Falls was part of the Connecticut Western Reserve in the late 1700s, and was settled in 1809, when a group of about forty people came, including Francis Kelsey and William Stow. Kelsey built a sawmill on the south side of the Cuyahoga River, leading to the settlement being known as Kelsey’s Mills. Later, its name was changed to Florence. In 1836, William and Edmund Monroe bought the mill, and laid out the city, which they renamed Munroe Falls. It was incorporated in 1848.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Munroe Falls on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!