Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Ohio » Cities & Towns » Silverton

Silverton, Ohio was formed out of Columbia and Sycamore townships. In 1809, David Mosner opened a general store at the crossroads of what is now Plainfield Pike and Montgomery Road, and the early town was known alternately as Mosner or Enterprise for the first decade. In 1861, its first post office took the name of Mosner. In 1883, the town was renamed Silverton for Elizabeth Silver Haines. In 1884, Silverton was incorporated as a hamlet, becoming a village in 1904, and a city in 1961.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Silverton on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!