Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Ohio » Cities & Towns » St. Marys

Established in 1823, St. Marys, Ohio was incorporated as a village in 1834, and became a city in 1904. The community has been known by a number of names, including Kettletown, Fort Barbee and Girty’s Town. St. Marys was the seat of Mercer County from 1824 to 1840, when it was moved to Celina. St. Marys became part of Auglaize County when it was organized in 1848. St. Marys is situated east of Celina, with Grand Lake St. Marys State Park just west of the city.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for St. Marys on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!