Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Ohio » Cities & Towns » West Alexandria

The Village of West Alexandria, Ohio was founded in 1836, but there were log cabins there as early as 1818, built on top of a slope that descended to Twin Creek on the east. The community was named for William Alexander, who purchased the land on the south side of the Cumberland Road in 1818 for the purpose of starting a settlement. The village is in Preble County, between Eaton, to the west, and New Lebanon, to the east.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for West Alexandria on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!