Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Ohio » Cities & Towns » West Liberty

West Liberty, Ohio is an incorporated village in Logan County. The community was established in 1817, largely settled as a result of the War of 1812. Judge Benjamin Piatt, a Quarter Master General during the war, bought 1,700 acres of land in the Mac-o-Chee Valley after the end of the war, settling fifty immigrant families in the area, building a Catholic Church and a 17-room log cabin, today known as the “Pioneer House”. First known as Enoch’s Mill, West Liberty was incorporated in 1834.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for West Liberty on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!