Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Oklahoma » Cities & Towns » Asher

The history of Asher dates back to 1892, when George Asher purchased l and in the Oklahoma Territory from a Shawnee estate salesperson, and established a farm there. Its post office was opened in 1901, when the Avoca post office and store were moved to the new community. Asher is the last remaining post office in the original Avoca Township, which once included the towns of Avoca, Boyer, Meanko, Osmit, Sacred Heart Mission and Violet.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Asher on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!