Aviva Directory » Local & Global » North America » United States » States » Minnesota » Cities & Towns » Rogers » Faith & Spirituality

Places of worship in Rogers, Minnesota are the focus of topics in this category. Regardless of the type of religion, local churches, chapels, temples, mosques, synagogues, or other religious facilities in Rogers, its neighborhood of Fletcher, or the former area of Hassan Township are appropriate topics for this category.

Congregations and churches were established in the region shortly after it was settled.

Henry Parslow and Jasper Hawkins cleared their land out of the forest in anticipation of other joining them from England. Their families arrived within a month or two, and they began holding Anglican services in the home of Septimus Parslow. In 1857, Saint John's Parish was formed in the Crow River Woods. The foundation for a church building was laid in 1859, and the first services were held in the building in the summer of 1860.

The Catholic Mission of Saint Walburga was founded a couple of miles west of the current village of Fletcher in 1856, and a log chapel was constructed in 1858. However, in 1882, the Catholic church was moved two miles east of the original mission, and only a preserved cemetery remains at the original site.

In 1912, Saint Martin of Tours, another Catholic church, was formed at Rogers Siding, although construction of the building wasn't completed until 1917.

In 1973, the American Lutheran Church established a church in Rogers, holding services at the Rogers Elementary School until a church building was completed, and named the Word of Peace Lutheran Church in 1975.

In that same year, members of the Evangelical Free Church met to discuss establishing a new church. The group shared space with Saint John's Episcopal Church until 1978, when the Joy Free Church was constructed on Tucker Road in Hassan Township.

Other churches in Rogers today include the Redeeming Grace Lutheran Church, which is affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and the Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference, and NorthRidge Fellowship, a congregation of Converge Worldwide.

Mary Queen of Peace Catholic Church was created in 2003 through the merger of Saint Walburga Catholic Church and Saint Martin of Tours Catholic Church.

Located on Territorial Road in Rogers, the Living Hope Church was planted by Emmaus Free Lutheran Church in Bloomington in 1998 and is now occupying the former Saint John's Episcopal Church on Territorial Road.

Faith Family Life Center began in 2014. Originally meeting in Monticello, the church has since moved to its own building on Trail Haven Road in Rogers.

Sites representing these and any other worship programs and ministries in Rogers are appropriate for this category.

 

 

Recommended Resources


Search for Faith & Spirituality on Google, Bing, or Yahoo!