If you’ve always wanted to know how many hairs are removed from a man’s face by shaving, you’re in luck! Can you believe the prehistoric man shaved too? This article is filled of shaving facts, that may be useless but at least you’ll know.
1. The average shave will trim away somewhere between 20,000-25,000 hairs from a man’s face.
2. Shaving cream was only made for men until the industry specifically targeted women in 1986 by manufacturing the whipped magic specifically for women!
3. Shaving cream didn’t always come in aerosol cans; the method wasn’t even introduced until 1950.
4. The Pharaohs of Egypt probably liked a good shave every now and then, of course using nothing less than the best made from gold and silver. Archeologists have found razor relics that date back as far as the fourth century.
5. Only about 30% of men who shave use an electric device to shave.
6. When a man wet shaves, it’s as good as using an exfoliating product because the process removes dead skin cells promoting healthier skin.
7. Shave gels weren’t even thought of until the 1970’s.
8. Archeologists believe that caveman used clams and shark teeth to shave with, 20,000 years ago-in the Stone Age!
9. Nearly 70% of American women prefer a clean-shaven man.
10. Some archeologists think that many warriors shaved their heads before battles so opponents didn’t have any hair to pull … maybe they were discouraging the practice of scalping?